Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to Heather Singleton at Heathers@childspath.org
SUMMARY: Child’s Path is looking for a floating teacher position at its Moorings and Golden Gate centers. This is an as needed, on-call position. Typical position hours could be anywhere between 7a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Must have or be willing to retain Florida Child Care Training through Florida Department of Children and Families (45 hour training) and pass a background check. This position may work with all ages of children ranging between one and five years old.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To fulfill the duties of this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to observe classroom and outdoor activities
- Ability to organized and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain records accurately and concisely
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and tend to children 0-5 years of age
- Stoop and bend to child’s level and squat to floor throughout the work day
- Ability to move quickly to intercept/redirect children
- Ability to interact with children at their eye level
- Ability to move classroom furniture about sweeping/mopping floors.
Must be at least 18 years old. Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. If not enrolled prior to employment must enroll and begin 45 hour training within 30 days of employment and be completed within one year of employment or not less than DCF requirement. Maintenance of yearly DCF requirements. Some experience working with young children preferred.
(Although educational attainment may indicate certain desirable performance abilities, equal consideration will be given for relevant past experience when considering employment or advancement, unless educational attainment is mandated by state or local laws or accrediting agency.)